It all started while volunteering to help people clean up after the devastation left by Hurricane Sandy in 2012. The first catastrophe was caused by the wind and the rain. The second catastrophe came six to eight weeks later when mold set in and damaged homes even further.
We were volunteering a month after the storm, and it was amazing to see how many people still had not addressed the moisture problem in their home. The wet drywall, soaked insulation, and soggy storage boxes still sat there, to the point where we could smell, and sometimes see the mold beginning to decompose their personal belongings. It occurred to us that too many people were unaware of the hazardous impacts of mold and mold exposure.
We created removemoldguide.com to help educate people so they can keep their homes safe and clean, and thereby keep loved ones healthy in their own homes. We hope the information here will help you. If you have any questions, please post it in the comment sections at the bottom of the page and we will respond!